2022 Gingerbread Making Contest Theme: “Home for the Holidays”
Contest will be scored by a panel of judges on the following categories. Overall score will be awarded as winner:
1) Overall Appearance
2) Originality and Creativity
5) Consistency of Theme
Gingerbread houses may be dropped off on Tuesday, December 7th or Wednesday, December 8th from 8am to 4pm. Entries submitted after 4pm on Wednesday, December 8th will not be accepted.
Gingerbread House Competition and Rules:
- Entry into the 2022 Gingerbread House competition is free
- 1st Prize is a 2-night stay in a double room with pizza and pool party at Fairfield Inn and Suites
- 1st Prize will be announced at Visit the Village event at 1pm
- Please include your name and Gingerbread House title in a visible separate piece of paper.
- All Gingerbread Houses must be placed on a plywood board base or cardboard not exceeding 24”x24”.
- No peanuts, tree nuts or any nuts allowed.
- All Gingerbread Houses must be 100% edible candy/embellishments/materials except for lights ‘inside/outside’ the house. Non-edible support structure material other than the baseboard may not be used.
- No artificial interior materials, such as Styrofoam or wood, are to be used to construct or decorate the house.
- Non-edible decorations, such as paint, ribbon, figurines, etc. may be used ONLY to decorate your base
- A list of materials used to create your Gingerbread House along with a title and brief description should be submitted with your entry
- Completed entries must be submitted no later than December 8th at 4pm. Failure to do so will result in the disposal of your entry.
- Houses need to be dropped off on December 7 OR 8 from 8am-4pm at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds and Event Center. Houses submitted after 4pm on December 8th will not be accepted or judged.
Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges and will be awarded on Saturday, December 10th. Each gingerbread entry allows for (2) free entries into Visit the Village. Additional tickets may be purchased on the Visit the Village page.